Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resigning to the fact...

... that Boo's social life is way more social than mine!

The Christmas and New Years festivities are over and we're Boo is on the birthday party circuit. There were three this weekend.

On Friday, Boo's 2nd cousin turned two. The kids ranging from 2 to 10 had a fabulous time in the heat spraying each other with the hose on the trampoline and jumping in and out of the paddling pools. It was very relaxed and the pizzas that turned up meant no-one had to go home and arrange dinner.

It also gave me a chance to catch up with my cousins that I don't see often enough (I have 20 odd cousins on the maternal side so very difficult to ever get all of us together at the same time).

Yesterday, Boo's friend-by-default (because the parents are my friends) turned five and had a party at an indoor playground. Always a treat as the weather here allows for us to use parks and playgrounds even during winter.

This morning was Boo's friend from daycare's third birthday party. The miniature farm was there... and my 'point and shoot' was found to have dead batteries, so hence you get mobile phone shots!

Boo and her friend Jessica (nicknamed Twiddle-dee and Twiddle-dum by the animal carers) could not be moved from the animals. There were ducklings, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, kids, a piglet and a calf all for holding... one after the other after the other!




There was also pony rides. Miss Boo hogged the pony. Mainly because there were quite a few scared and anxious three year olds who would not go, or would only go once.



It was also a great opportunity to finally meet some daycare parents. In two and a half years we have either crossed paths or just said hello in passing. Unfortunately, the birthday girl is moving daycare this week but there was Jessica, and Boo's best friend's parents to meet and swap numbers with.

So three very different types of birthday parties, and a child with way too many lollies and balloons.

Oh and Boo has four other friends with birthdays this month!!!

9 comments:

Alison said...

lol Lani - Great to hear you are both having a good time!
I can so relate to our children having better social lives than us! Miss F pointed out to me once that my dairy had mostly things for her written in it - so it really should be her diary!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can definitely relate. The rest of our holidays wil be filled with social engagements for the kids, not me!
Sounds like Boo's having a good time though. :)

jeanie said...

Was there a power outage around March the year prior?

Its funny - when my child was younger it was very much that case, but now it has eased - not sure if it is age or geography that caused the change.

And my your Boo has long legs! A natural seat on the pony, too.

LBA said...

That *is* madness !!

I'm not good at that kind of madness, so not looking forward to the 'parties every weekend' gig ( plus all the presents - gah ! )

They are very good pics for mobile phone uploads ! We get lucky at the petting zoo too thanks for fearful 'other children' - yay to them :)

Melody said...

I am not looking forward to the 'party' phase and all those presents. Urgh. (have to agree with H&B)

What a social butterfly Boo is (along with her mother!)

MissyBoo said...

Al - I don't recall saying I had a good time ;-)

Guera - I'll make a social engagement for you, and we'll ignore the kids!

Jeanie - Well there could have been... but we would be talking one each March for 3 years the kids range from 2-5!!!

Lets hope Boo keeps her long legs, so she doesn't turn into a midget like me :-)

H&B - As long as Boo doesn't make any new friends we should be birthday party free until about July! And hooray for fearful children :-)

Melody - I have a gift box (my wardrobe) where I stash away bargains for toddler birthdays!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, we are not on the party circuit yet. I guess Ivy and Noah are late bloomers in the socialising (just like their mother - who has yet to start) but the other kids keep me busy through the year, especially Lily. She is the regular party goer in this house.

I love seeing Boo all dressed up.

Anonymous said...

I always used to giggle atthe car sticker 'mum's taxi'. Now I drive the social set around and no longer see the humour in it...!

MissyBoo said...

Tiff - Just wait until Ivy and Noah start kindy! As for you, I'm having a party next month if you want to head West and begin your socialising :-)

Rhubarb - lol! Yes, I guess the humour wears off quickly