Boo and I welcomed 2009, at Happy Zoo Year at the Perth Zoo with our family. Animals, kids entertainment, a decent band, a picnic and a glass of champagne. What more do you need?
Sssshhh, don't tell the children that the fireworks and countdown was three hours early!
I have been trying hard to come up with some goals for this year. These are in no particular order and I haven't really given them a lot of thought
- Watch Boo grow and develop and learn as she heads off to Big Kindy*
- Come up with a strategy to be more organised at home
- Entertain at home more
- Finish painting and decorating Boo's room
- Renovate sun room, laundry, kitchen, toilet, outdoors... see # 2 for time, and a lotto win for money!
- Finish the photography course I started
- Learn how to use Photoshop
- Be debt free (this excludes the mortgage, as that's not going anywhere for a long while)
- Utilise my child free time more effectively on doing something for myself rather than house work
- Notice all the precious moments, and enjoy every single one of them
What are your goals or resolutions for this year?
* It's still daycare but with a 3-4 year old kindy program

6 comments:
I am one for goals rather than resolutions.
Pretty similar to yours - get my business going better, be more sociable, tick some checkboxes on household maintenance, win lotto!
Happy New Year, Lani. Nice resolutions.
Great list Lani
I might borrow a few of them myself.
Especially I am planning to buy a new camera in the next week and I want to do a photgraphy course...plus learn a little photoshop if I have the time.
if I didn't already wish you ...
I wish you a wonderful 2009 , an abundance of love, laughter, good health and happiness and of course many blogable moments -
Glad you enjoyed a great NYE's
Oh - I didn't see visit Sydney on your list;)
Next year I want to be able to add see WA to my NYE 2010 goals/good intentions'/wish list or whatever ?
Hello there - thanks for dropping by the third .... I love your list of to do's ...
Re the house work thing ... I recently read a good tip ... if you have an hour child free do 15 minutes house stuff and then do the other 45 mins for you ... I thought it sounded good as you get rid of the guilt, do an intensive 15 on one task only and then have some real 'me' time.
My best to you and baby boo for 2009 le xoxo
Happy New Day, Lani :-)
I'll definitely toast to number 10!
Jeanie - At least goals can't be broken... unlike resolutions :-)
Lou - Happy New Year to you too
Trish - When I get organised better, I am hoping to find more time for ME things!
Sydney unfortunately is not on the radar in 2009. Not really sure we will get far from home this year :-(
Le - Welcome! I have previously tried the 15 mins for the house, 30 mins or so for me... and then the computer wins for the next few hours :-)
Al - Happy New Day today for you :-)
Post a Comment