In July last year, my work place was rocked by the death of a wonderful midwife in her 40s from a heart attack (here). Staff were low, and shocked by this tragedy for a long time.
My work place again has been marred by tragedy in July. Last Friday night, one of our beautiful registrars was killed when her car hit a tree on a country highway. She was 30 and had a wonderful career ahead of her. In her short career, she had gained the respect of the medical profession nationwide (and beyond), and achieved so much. She was definitely one of the good ones.
There is a memorial service on the beach on Saturday morning. I cannot make it but I will be thinking of her, her family and friends.
Rest Peacefully Doctor C

6 comments:
What terrible, sad, news.
So so sorry.
I'm also sorry about Andrea - I'm sitting here reading your post from today and from a year ago and its just really hit me *why* I just volunteered to collect fo the heart foundation again this year. Hard to describe really, but I'm not seeing it as the chore it seemed to be yesterday.....
hugs to you and the fantastic people you work with.
Oh, I was reading about her in the paper the other day. So so sad. :(
((hugs))
xx
Life sometimes really isn´t fair. So sorry to hear.
So sad : (
That is tragic. So young. So much given and so much left to give.
Post a Comment