In other words, Goodbye, Thanks to God (in Arabic)! Might not be able to write it but I can still speak some after four years!
Well we're packed and ready to step out the door first thing in the morning.
I'm really looking forward to getting on the plane and relaxing! Once your on, you know you have all the important documents, and there is nothing you can do about anything else forgotten!!!
I'm also looking forward to that look on the plane... those of you who have traveled with infants and small children know what I'm talking about! The look in your fellow traveller's eyes that says "Oh please don't let me be sitting near that child", and then of course there's the extreme look of disappointment as they seat themselves near you! God, I really hated being near small children on long-haul flights!
There was a minor panic attack last night when I remembered I was supposed to get an international driver's licence (IDL)... was thinking I might need to check in at the airport and then do a quick trip out to get one! Though I knew I had hired cars previously in the Emirates with an Australian licence only, so a quick call to the Rental Company, and they prefer you have an IDL but will be no problem with my current one. Phew!
Thursday night, revealed Boo was not on the hotel booking for Monday night! At least I double checked though it probably wouldn't have been a problem. Sssshh don't tell her but I think there will be a cot in the room. If we weren't arriving in the middle of the night I would be tempted to tease her and tell her that's where she's sleeping!
Oops and today I remembered I hadn't got my mobile phone 'unlocked' or put on global roam! It should be roaming tomorrow, because unlocking would take 2 weeks!
Boo's hand luggage is growing. We went to Spotlight on Thursday so she could get some 'crafts' for on the plane. This is her word for it! She is going to make bracelets, cards and beautiful collages on the plane for everyone!
Over the weekend she received birthday gifts as she won't be here on Friday. Thankfully most can stay at home, but the growing puppy and the Dora the Explorer Laptop also have to come with us. Hidden in the suitcase are some more presents, and in my cupboard is a bigger one that will have to wait until we get home!
I probably won't be blogging until we get home, though have the final part of My Intertwined Children scheduled for Friday (for those of you waiting to find out how Boo got here)!
Will miss you all, and am sure NaBloPoMo will keep me busy catching up on my return!
Plots
10 hours ago

9 comments:
I can feel your excitement ...hoope you have a superb time.
Happy Birthday to Miss Boo for Friday.
I'll miss you Lani.
Looking forward to Friday's post.
Hugs and cheers
Trish
Have a safe trip and look forward to reading all about it upon your return!
Be safe, be well, have fun!
Travel well, my friend. There's nothing quite like that feeling when you reach the point of "no return". IE, doesn't matter if you've forgotten anything ('cept passports of course!) because you can't go back.
Enjoy your flights, your hotel, your friends. Make the most of every moment.
(((((( HUG ))))))
Ooooh have a wonderful trip. Happy birthday on Friday!!!
Hope you have a fantastic time. We will miss you.
Sounds like a land of dreams to me, the Emirates!
Hopefully you have a cam with ya?
:-) Have never had the "chance" to sit next to a kiddo on the plane so far - hope it stays that way, though ;-)
Anyhows, certainly: Happy Birthday for Friday!!
Sweet idea to make crafts for everybody! The growing puppy... wow... Hope you have a great time there!
Insh'allah you'll have an uneventful flight. :) Yes, I know that look on the plane well - and it was well founded on our latest trip to Sydney!
Have a fantastic trip, can't wait to hear all about it. Hope Boo has a wonderful birthday.
Have a wonderful time - and be sure to take copious notes so you don't miss a single detail when yo come home.
Post a Comment