Friday, July 11, 2008

The Fashion Police

I have just started doing some midwifery work after a long hiatus. Yesterday evening when I came out of my room, attired in my white lots of pockets top, navy pants and navy cardigan (you get the picture), I was met with a look of woe and despair. A tantrum quickly ensued where I was told "Take those clothes off", "I don't like those clothes", "Go and put other clothes on".

I assumed the tantrum all had to do with the fact that I was going to work for a few hours. How wrong could I be??? I explained to the grief stricken toddler that I had to go to work for a few hours, and these were my work clothes.

Through the sobs came "Take them off I don't like them, they're not groovy"

To cajole her out of the tantrum I started dancing and singing "I'm so groovy, oh yes I am... I'm so groovy, oh yes I am".

I was met with a look of disdain "No. No your not mum"!!!

She is so right, I looked very far from groovy.

5 comments:

Alison said...

ROFL!!!
That is just hilarious!!
Boo and Miss F are such peas in a pod - I am having flashbacks to their "What not to wear" series from the top of the slide!
LoL..

Anonymous said...

That is GORGEOUS !!!!!!

lol.

MissyBoo said...

Al - Miss F and Boo certainly would be a fashion force to reckon with if they ever got together. lol

WS - Thanks for dropping by! I can assure you the full body arching, leg kicking tantrum was not gorgeous :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL, how gorgeous. I fear I am far from groovy, sitting here in my trackers and daggy polar fleece.

PS. I miss midwifery. *sigh* I feel my hiatus will be longer still than yours.

MissyBoo said...

Tiff - trackers and daggy polar fleece win over my not so groovy uniform. You only think you miss midwifery until you do it again ;-)