Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Boxes

There have been 2 medium size boxes of stuff sitting in the corner of my dining room for 3 months and 2 days left over from the move. I have been taunted by the boxes for 92 days, they have sat in their corner defiantly daring me to empty them.

Often Occasionally I have peaked inside the lids to reassure myself there was nothing I needed from their depths. Frequently Boo would remove some of their stuff, only for most of it to be thrown back into the dark boxy depths.

I could take no more of those pesky boxes, and took up the challenge to remove them from their corner today. Those boxes are now glaring at me from next to the back door unhappy with their emptiness.

I must confess close to half about a quarter of the stuff went straight in the bin. A shoebox worth of photos was relocated to inside a cupboard for sorting another day, along with about 10 framed photos I need to find spots for (or decide to live without). A pile of paperwork was relocated to my desk, some of it has been waiting to be dealt with for about a year, it will probably wait another year. Another pile of paperwork was relocated to another pile on the desk for filing, it needs to await some form of filing system (might need a trip to IKEA tomorrow). Other stuff went into the bottom drawer in the kitchen for when and if it is ever required.

Bonus finds in the box stuff included hair products I forgot about, green shopping bags (I knew I put them somewhere), a Coles/Myer voucher Boo got for christmas that still has about $20 of credit on it (that I thought was lost).

Now I have more things to add to my to-do-list other than empty the boxes, which only took up one spot. I will point out here, that I do not have an actual to-do-list, though maybe if I had one I could use it for motivation to check things off???

Oh boxless corner, I love you! Now to sort out the crap in the sun room... well maybe next week?

5 comments:

Alison said...

LOL - I love that the boxes have their own personalities!!
It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate, isn't it? Glad you had some good finds though.
Good luck maintaining your sorting enthusiasm! In my experience, To Do lists just create more bits of paper to sort... ;)

jeanie said...

I have boxes from the move before that taunt me.

MissyBoo said...

Al - It is more amazing that we move house with all that stuff, too!!! Will stay away from lists in an effort to save the forests :-)

Jeanie - Hope your boxes stop taunting you soon!

Iris Flavia said...

Ha! :-) And you can go to IKEA, isn´t that just great?

MissyBoo said...

Iris - We live 2 minutes around the corner from IKEA and Boo loves the kids section so we are quite often there :-)