Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Art of Procrastination

If there is one thing I’m extremely good at its The Art of Procrastination. I have an exam in 9 days. I know that at this present time I do not have sufficient knowledge to pass this exam.

There are a pile of text books sitting on the dining table. They taunt me every time I walk past them. I succeed at ignoring them.

I have had all week off work and for a couple of those days, Boo was off at kindy… possibly a perfect time to open the books???

In the four weeks those books have taunted me, I have achieved about 2 hours of study. It really isn’t as though I’ve done none!

Since the books made an appearance:

  • I have been lured into the world of Twitter
  • I have actually managed to learn a few Photoshop actions
  • I have discovered things on my computer that I did not know existed
  • And maybe I Twittered a bit more

Maybe I should turn off my computer, and the TweetDeck alerts and open a text book?

7 comments:

Alison said...

Twittering will help keep your mind alert.... or something! lol ;-)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I been lured into the world of twitter too ...my house is a bomb and I'll not ventured into google reader for days.
We can use it to our advantage and encourage each other to get our undone lists done quicker and set a tweet rendezvous time.
Goodluck with your studying after the party ...you can do it.

Unknown said...

Yes, twittering has been responsible for a fair bit of procrastination on my part too! Perhaps the looming deadline will spur you into action soon....good luck :)

Sammi said...

learn how to swear in another language (how about AusLan!)

useful twice over (procrastination and new skill)

Iris Flavia said...

Ohh, you make me feel old here! So darn long ago I had to learn stuff on/to a date.. and explore all the ways to waste time beyond that! So familiar!!

Wishing you luck! :-) You can do it!

Melody said...

I get easily distracted when the laptop is sitting there, looking at me. Didn't you know I have Scrabble games to play, a Farm Town to look after, a pet to feed, a Twitter to be said, a comment to post?

MissyBoo said...

Al - As long as my mind stays alert...

Trish - There's a thought, you could all send me to study... but of course I might miss something in the meantime ;)

Sunny - Hoping the looming deadline spurs action?

Sammi - Please don't give me anymore ideas for procrastination at this point ;)

Iris - Make you feel old??? I'm older than you, so now I feel even older :)

Jen - Please do send me off to study if you spy me tweeting

Melody - Oh yeah I forgot to mention the Scrabble ;)