
Those of you old enough will remember her as the nosy neighbour in Bewitched.
I am desperate to work out what is going on over the street. I moved here about 6 months ago, and have no neighbours on one side, and young footy guys on the other side, and the bird lady across the street died a few months back leaving an empty house (she was too much of a recluse to be helpful anyways)!
The couple across the street own the original house on the block, and built themselves a new house on the rear of the block, as tends to happen in Perth's older suburbs. They were renting the original house to K, who told me she was moving but not by choice and would drop by in the next couple of days - but we missed each other... So now I'm left speculating and peering out the venetians just like Gladys Kravitz!
My current thoughts are that the couple have separated, and he has moved in to the front house and she is living in the back house. Though I do see her coming and going to the front house too, and she has been helping move furniture, and helping paint!?!
I did ask him across the street if they were moving and he replied but my darn dog decided to bark and I missed the reply.
Is it wrong to be obsessed and speculative about what the neighbours are doing? Or is it just the same as reading blogs???

9 comments:
No, you are NOT channeling Mrs. Kravitz. You are just trying to satisfy an innate and natural curiosity about what is happening in your immediate surrounds. It's all to do with "Threat Identification" - in this case, making sure that one isn't developing across the street. It's called "Keeping the world safe for you and Boo", otherwise known as being a good mother.
Oooh - the world is conspiring from you finding out the truth - just like a good sitcom.
Better than our shows - we have a park across the road, so we get Friday night special of drunken domestics on the way home from the pub.
we live behind in a battle axe and haven't had close neighbours for years ...I was always intrigued though what went on across the road in our old house when there was a bit of mystery about.
I loved Gladys LOL.
I think most bloggers are curtain twitchers from way back. :)
I like to call it natural curiosity, and an inquisitive nature is a valuable trait.
Let us know when you find out. :)
ugh! I hate my neighbours but if something interesting was going on I think I would be just as curious as you.
It's so important to have good neighbours! I was watching through the blinds when the dysfunctional and anti-social family across the road moved out to see if their replacement would be any better.
If your neighbours are separating, it will be an interesting social experiment to observe with them still living on the same block! I know I wouldn't be able to resist keeping an eye on them.
PS: I hadn't visited your blog for ages, so just wanted to say I really enjoyed catching up. Your holiday sounded awesome (though very tiring).
No, not Gladys Kravits, Mrs Mangle, maybe... ? ;)
Lou - Are you really sure I'm not just being nosy???
Jeanie - On occasion those Friday night specials can also be quite entertaining :-)
Trish - Yep, livivng in the rear battle axe, or a rear unit seriously reduces nosiness!
Guera - I do think its a bit blogging!!! Will let you know what the story is when it transpires!
Tiff - I am almost now neighbourless, footy boys moved out during the week, road on other side and bird ladies house is empty!
Lin - Thanks for visiting.
Rhubarb - I forgot all about Mrs Mangle!
LOL!!! I'd love to have been Gladys!! Imagine her wild imagination!!
You're okay honey. Just natural curiousity.
We're on the 14th floor of a 15 floor building, and I only really know those above and below. I don't feel at all attached to neighbours.
My mum, on the other hand, bought binoculars when she moved in!! Now THAT's Gladys-behaviour!!!
xoxox
(PS. Sorry I haven't been keeping up lately. My head just doesn't stop spinning enough to focus)
Post a Comment