Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paint, Termites and Weight Loss

The painter/plasterer finally came today to plaster and paint my lounge room ceiling. It was back in April my roof started leaking. Thankfully my trusty roof plumber friend, dropped by, climbed up, replaced some lead flashing and charged me $20. Its always good to know a tradesman! The insurance company covered the cost of the internal water damage.

My lounge room ceiling looks wonderful now!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next came along the termite inspector.

I found some in the shed after shifting some moving boxes. So much for the pest inspection done before I moved in! There is a tree stump out the back that has a huge termite nest in that certainly would have been there well before March...

There were some termite trails and leads (bug man speak) about a meter into the back room but no recent activity, and no evidence of activity in the rest of the house. Yes, its old with floorboards and wooden frame so thankfully I found them in the shed before they caused too much damage!

Mind you they may not have damaged my house structure but they are damaging my bank account to the tune of close to $2500 *sigh*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hopped on the scales yesterday and was horrified to see my weight! Breastfeeding had made me complacent about my eating habits!!! Since that activity stopped in 5 months ago, I have been gaining over a kilo a month (well according to my scales).

Since I'd like to look fabulous when we go to a wedding in November, I decided to do the Tony Ferguson diet. Off we trotted to our local dealer this afternoon... fully clothed and on their scales the damage wasn't too bad but I decided to go ahead anyway.

There was a 4 kilo difference between their scales and my scales. I was 4kg more on my scales (naked) than I was on their scales fully clothed??? I came home put a new battery in my scales and realised their scales were correct! Hooray but I still have about 4kg I want to lose.

Boo is worried if I lose my jelly belly she won't have a comfy pillow for her head!!!

4 comments:

jeanie said...

Ouch to the 2500 buckaroonies!! I need to lose about 15 before a wedding in November - I need some scales that will do that for me...

Melody said...

Gee, I must get new scales! Be good to have scales that read differently to the ones I own now... (considering they show that I weigh less)

Anonymous said...

ugh! I shudder to think how much I have put on in the last twelve months of sitting on my backside in the hospital. Must admit that Tony has been calling to me too. Am seriously considering it.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Awful on the $2500 for the termites.

Good luck on your weight loss I found when cutting back on daytime feeds my weight was creeping up.