This funny looking cartoon girl from Mexico is often the bain of my life.
Dora is my interior designer.
Dora is constantly visible on my TV.
Dora is my daughter's sleeping companion.
Dora's clothes are always strewn throughout my lounge room.
Dora smiles at me when out for a walk from atop Boo's bike helmet.
Dora waves at me from Boo's clothing, and underwear (I always vowed I wouldn't buy trademarked clothing - obviously that was before I knew the persuasion power of a toddler).
Dora songs about backpacks, maps and 'Vamanos' torment my head.
I cannot escape Dora, and some days especially when out shopping I wish I could!
Today, however I love Dora!!!
Boo and I went to the concert "Dora's Pirate Adventure." We had an hour and a half of great fun and entertainment. Boo had an absolute ball (which is why I probably enjoyed it so much). I could criticise it as an adult but it had its magical effect on the children. Watching Boo enjoying it so much was awesome.
My little Dora Boo
Boo and I were 5 rows from the front and on the aisle, and Boo was either in the aisle dancing and waving her pirate flag, or dancing down the front where she swears Dora and Boots came near her and waved hello at her!
Boo was still so excited when I put her to bed tonight that we had to talk through everything that happened in the concert, plus the plea of can we go again tomorrow.


8 comments:
hmmmm, we are not Fora fans here...yet. Sounds like a wonderful concert.
LOL, I meant Dora!
Oh D'oh I just realised I have to edit my other comment elsewhere to you because I got Dora and Dorothy mixed up.
Once your kids are a certain age, the whole kids entertainment memory loss really kicks in.
Hey - we were there too!!! 10am concert!
I agree too - I am bit over Dora, although she was Guerita's first intro to Spanish before we went to Mexico - but she loved the concert and I am willing to put up with the nasal voice for a few hours just to see that look of rapture on her face!
Tiff - I am sure Ivy will find Dora/Fora someday soon lol
Jeanie - You and 'Salina missed out on the whole Dora phenomenom... Lucky you!
Guera - We went to the 1pm concert... we missed you!
The look of rapture on all the kids faces was amazing, and I guess that's why we have to love Dora!
Boo is adorable and she is beaming.
The concert sounds fun.
My boys, so far, are not into any characters.
Trish - Those young men of yours will find something soon!!!
I'm not sure Boo is beaming, but she is doing her cheeeeese smile
I understand *exactly* where you are coming from here. Exactly.
Post a Comment