Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics

Despite being a bit disappointed with 7s coverage of the Opening Ceremony, and the shocking design of the Australian outfit, Boo and I are right into the olympic spirit at our house.

Where was the green and gold at the opening ceremony??? Who put our athletes in 1980's parasilk trackies??? We looked like "bogans"... Oh well!!! As a positive, I was glad to hear the Americans got a rap over the knuckles for walking almost single file around the stadium!!!

Boo and I watched swimming this morning, and there was lots of Aussie chants in our lounge room this morning. Boo was very excited when Stephanie Rice won a gold medal, and broke a world record. She is very impressed by everyone that broke world records this morning. As you probably realise, I need to explain lots of the things happening. Just lucky the yellow caps stand out and she can see where our swimmers are in the pool.

I love the olympics. I went to the Barcelona Olympics in 1992, and it just doesn't feel like it was 16 years ago. It feels like just the other day... maybe I'll do a nostalgic reminiscence on this during the week?

4 comments:

jeanie said...

We chose sleep over opening ceremony - I will ALWAYS chose sleep over spectaculars because I am just not a speccy sort of girl - but yes, what WAS it with the suits?

I am looking forward to a birds eye reminisce of Barcelona.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear about Barcelona.
Not a big fan of the Olympics but I do love the swimming and the gymnastics.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, you went to Barcelona for the Games? You sure are a fan!

I´m not so sure what to think of these Olympics with China not following Human Rights, though. I do hope they manage to get the idea of the Olympics.

MissyBoo said...

Jeanie - sleep may have been the preferable option but I'm a sucker for spectaculars!

Tiff - Barcelona is coming! Obviously it was pre-digital cameras so will take a few days (weeks)!

Iris - I lived in London in 1992 so the Barcelona trip wasn't as big a deal as it sounds :-)