Friday, July 18, 2008

The Week That Was...

The week has been hideous. I have truly decided I am working a full time job in part-time hours. Actually, its probably more that my boss seems to forget I only work part-time.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were hideously busy, I was drowning under a mountain of paperwork, and people kept adding to my mountain. Doesn't anyone understand? I had reports with deadlines and the imbeciles colleagues I work with dragged their feet on providing me with the required information to put into said reports. On top of that people wanted meetings, or assistance with their tasks in my severely time lacking schedule. I worked late every day, achieved my report deadlines but have left the mountain growing and possibly avalanching until Monday.

Generally, I enjoy the work I do. What I really need to do is learn to say "NO" Sometimes I forget I'm not superwoman. I forget that I have to save energy to play and amuse a little person at the end of the day. I forget that I have to find something nutritious for the little person to eat (takeaway twice this week)!

I don't really forget but some weeks I just seem to be less organised in the nutrition stakes. Most weeks I have stockpiled the freezer with healthy homemade meals, divided into a two person (one big and one little) serving size. This week we seem to be a bit short on pre-prepared meals for the work days. Needless, to say Boo has been plied full of vegetables the last 2 nights!

Yesterday we had a long to-do list, and I did a midwifery shift last night. Apart from last night, I have fallen asleep chatting to Boo on her bed every evening so have not even managed to get in a glass of wine (or whine as Jeanie tends to call it). However, today in Perth its been freezing, pouring, hailing and gale force winding so Boo and I had a pyjama day. I managed to con her into an afternoon snooze despite her protests that she doesn't sleep in the day anymore. No she doesn't but mummy needed a nanna nap! So we slept for 2 hours, and now I'm making up for the wine I missed out on when it was required (and not being so boring as to be asleep at 7.30pm on a Friday night)!

2 comments:

jeanie said...

Oh, I dream of a pyjama day!! Maybe tomorrow.

I hope it all settles soon.

MissyBoo said...

Thanks, Jeanie reports are done hopefully will settle down until the next quarterly reports are due! Hope you get your pyjama day tomorrow :-)