Thursday, July 24, 2008

Insane

I am pleading temporary insanity! I forgot that last year I vowed never to go to the Target Toy Sale on the first morning ever again... and there I was this morning fighting the crush again!

There are some very aggressive women out there, and Target (or our Target) wasn't designed to have so many trolleys crowding the toy section. Its a very scary place when the Toy Sale starts.

I did have my plan of what I wanted and followed the nice boy dressed as a doctor to find my booty! Barbie Digital Cameras for Boo's and my nieces birthday presents. I am so sick of Boo wanting to use my camera and seeing it dropped on the floor a million times and at a saving of $40 per camera certainly a bargain. I also got Boo a Dr Suess box set of books for her birthday. I got some stocking fillers for christmas as I already have a scooter on lay-by at Big W, and then I was out of there...

Grandma happened to meet us and Boo conned her into buying the super expensive F#$%&^*$ Puppy that I keep hearing about due to incessant TV advertising. I tried so hard to avoid it!!! So she will get that for her birthday too.

5 comments:

Alison said...

lol - Gotta love a toy sale!
I am a huge fan of Dr Suess and giving cameras to kids, money well spent as far as I'm concerned :)

jeanie said...

I am in fear of toy sales - there are stories up here of physical encounters when Toyworld had one - its scary enough in Target without adding in the even greater unwashed!!

Digital cameras, however - magical things and great for kids!

MissyBoo said...

I also think digital cameras are great for kids, way better than the old wait and see kind of cameras we had! Boo can't wait to get her hands on her camera!!!


Al - Boo has one Dr Suess book "I had Trouble Getting to Solla Sollew" which happened to be mine and absolutely loves it so thought the box set would be a good option. We can both recite about 10 of our favourite Hairy McClary books at the moment - I'm ready for some quality variety (we have some very bad quality variety).

Jeanie - You have every reason to be AFRAID of toy sales. I saw some phsical encounters in Target - thankfully no blood was shed!

Anonymous said...

OMG yes!
I run the opposite direction when those sales are on.
It's just not worth the crushing!
You are a brave brave woman.
*shudder*

MissyBoo said...

Tiff - I am not a brave, brave woman... just a STUPID insane one lol